Operating Systems Notes for ECE 6th Sem Anna University EC2022 OS Lecture Notes, Subject Notes for ECE 6th Semester
Operating Systems Notes for ECE 6th Sem Anna University EC2022 OS Notes download.here we have provided Anna University Notes for ECE 6th Semester Students for the subject Operating Systems and the content for EC2022 Notes.
EC2022 OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR ECE 6th SEMESTER ANNA UNIVERSITY NOTES – EC2022 OS NOTES
Subjects : Operating Systems (OS)
Subject Code : EC2022
Department : ECE
Semester : 6th Sem
University : Anna University, Chennai
Content in EC2022 Notes:
EC2022 OPERATING SYSTEMS
UNIT I OPERATING SYSTEM OVERVIEW
Introduction – Multiprogramming – Time sharing – Multi-user Operating systems –
System Call – Structure of Operating Systems
UNIT II PROCESS MANAGEMENT
Concept of Processes – Interprocess Communication – Racing – Synchronisation –
Mutual Exclusion – Scheduling – Implementation Issues – IPC in Multiprocessor System
UNIT III MEMORY MANAGEMENT
Partition – paging – segmentation – virtual memory concepts – relocation algorithms –
buddy systems – Free space management – Case study.
UNIT IV DEVICE MANAGEMENT AND FILE SYSTEMS
File concept – access methods – directory structure – File system mounting – file
sharing – protection – file system implementation – I/O Hardware – Application I/O
Interface – Kernal I/O subsystem – Transforming I/O to Hardware Operations – Streams
– Disk Structure – Disk Scheduling Management – RAID structure
UNIT V MODERN OPERATING SYSTEMS
Concepts of distributed operating systems – Real time operating system – Case studies:
UNIX, LINUX and Windows 2000.
1. Abraham Silberschatz, Peter Galvin and Gagne, ‘Operating System Concepts’,
Seventh Edition, John Wiley, 2007.
2. William Stallings, ‘Operating Systems – Internals and Design Principles’, Fifth
Edition, Prentice Hall India, 2005.
1. Andrew Tanenbaum, ‘Modern Operating Systems’, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2003.
2. Deital.H.M, “Operating Systems – A Modern Perspective”, Second Edition, Addison
3. Mukesh Singhal, Niranjan G.Shivaratri, “Advanced Concepts in Operating Systems”,
Tata McGraw Hill, 2001.
4. D.M.Dhamdhere, “Operating Systems – A Concept based Approach”, Second
Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2006.
5. Crowley.C, “Operating Systems: A Design – Oriented Approach”, Tata McGraw Hill,
6. Ellen Siever, Aaron Weber, Stephen Figgins, ‘LINUX in a Nutshell’, Fourth Edition,
Anna University Operating Systems Notes for ECE 6th Semester download.Anna University Operating Systems Notes – EC2022 Operating Systems Notes download.
Incoming Search :
Anna University Operating System Notes for ECEOperating System Notes for ECE 6th Semester downloadVtu Operating System NotesOperating System Notes for VTU VTU operating Systems notes for ECE
if you have any problem in downloading the material or if you want any more study materials for EC2022 OS Notes kindly comment below.