Manufacturing Technology II Notes Anna University- ME2252 Lecture Notes, Subject Notes MECHANICAL 4th Semester
Manufacturing Technology II Notes anna university – ME2252 Anna University Notes download. Here we have provided Mech Engineering Fourth (4th) Semester Notes – MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY II NOTES and content of ME2252 MT II Notes (Syllabus). download Anna University Manufacturing Technology II Notes – ME2252 Lecture Notes, Subject Notes, Unit Wise Notes for MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 4th Semester.
ME2252 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY II NOTES ANNA UNIVERSITY – ME2252 NOTES
Subjects : Manufacturing Technology II (MT 2 , MT II)
Subject Code : ME2251
Department : MECHANICAL Engineering
Semester : 4th Sem
University : Anna University, Chennai
Manufacturing Technology II Notes Anna University – ME2252 Notes download
ME2252 notes[gview file=”http://22.214.171.124/university/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ME2252-notes.pdf” save=”1″]
Content in ME2252 Notes :
ME 2252 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY – II
UNIT I THEORY OF METAL CUTTING
Introduction: material removal processes, types of machine tools – theory of metal
cutting: chip formation, orthogonal cutting, cutting tool materials, tool wear, tool life,
surface finish, cutting fluids.
UNIT II CENTRE LATHE AND SPECIAL PURPOSE LATHES
Centre lathe, constructional features, cutting tool geometry, various operations, taper
turning methods, thread cutting methods, special attachments, machining time and
power estimation. Capstan and turret lathes – automats – single spindle, Swiss type,
automatic screw type, multi spindle – Turret Indexing mechanism, Bar feed mechanism.
UNIT III OTHER MACHINE TOOLS
Reciprocating machine tools: shaper, planer, slotter – Milling : types, milling cutters,
operations – Hole making : drilling – Quill mechanism , Reaming, Boring, Tapping –
Sawing machine: hack saw, band saw, circular saw; broaching machines: broach
construction – push, pull, surface and continuous broaching machines
UNIT IV ABRASIVE PROCESSES AND GEAR CUTTING
Abrasive processes: grinding wheel – specifications and selection, types of grinding
process – cylindrical grinding, surface grinding, centreless grinding – honing, lapping,
super finishing, polishing and buffing, abrasive jet machining – Gear cutting, forming,
generation, shaping, hobbing.
UNIT V CNC MACHINE TOOLS AND PART PROGRAMMING
Numerical control (NC) machine tools – CNC: types, constructional details, special
features – design considerations of CNC machines for improving machining accuracy –
structural members – slide ways –linear bearings – ball screws – spindle drives and feed
drives. Part programming fundamentals – manual programming – computer assisted
1. Hajra Choudry, “Elements of Work Shop Technology – Vol. II”, Media Promoters.
2. HMT – “Production Technology”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1998.
1. Rao, P.N. “Manufacturing Technology”, Metal Cutting and Machine Tools, Tata
McGraw–Hill, New Delhi, 2003.
2. P.C. Sharma, “A Text Book of Production Engineering”, S. Chand and Co. Ltd, IV
3. Shrawat N.S. and Narang J.S, ‘CNC Machines’, Dhanpat Rai & Co., 2002.
4. P.N.Rao, ‘CAD/CAM Principles and Applications’, TATA Mc Craw Hill, 2007.
5. M.P.Groover and Zimers Jr., ‘CAD/CAM’ Prentice Hall of India Ltd., 2004.
6. Milton C.Shaw, ‘Metal Cutting Principles’, Oxford University Press, Second Edition,
7. Rajput R.K, ‘Atext book of Manufacturing Technology’, Lakshmi Publications, 2007.
8. Philip F.Ostwald and Jairo Munoz, ‘Manufacturing Processes and systems’, John
Wiley and Sons, 9th Edition,2002.
9. Mikell P.Groover, ‘Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing,Materials, Processes and
Systems’, John Wiley and Sons, 9th Edition,2007.
10. Chapman. W. A. J and S.J. Martin, Workshop Technology, Part III, Viva Books
Private Ltd., 1998
ME2251 Manufacturing Technology II notes anna university above covered almost all topic but still there may be any topic missing. So if you find any topic missing or any problem with downloading ME2252 MT 2 notes kindly leave your comments
If you need more studying materials for ME2252 MT II comment below..