Anna University Technical English 2 Notes – HS2161 Lecture Notes, Subject Notes for 2nd Semester
Anna University Technical English II Notes Common for BE Second Semester Students.Here we have provided Anna University Technical English 2 Notes – HS2161 Lecture notes, Subject Notes, Unit Wise Notes for Second (2nd) Semester Students download and content of HS2161 notes is provided below.
HS2161 TECHNICAL ENGLISH 2 ANNA UNIVERSITY NOTES - HS2161 NOTES
Subjects : Technical English 2
Subject Code : HS2161
Department : common to all engineering branches
Semester : 2nd Sem
University : Anna University, Chennai
Download 2 :
Content in HS2161 Notes:
Technical Vocabulary – meanings in context, sequencing words, Articles- Prepositions, intensive reading& predicting content, Reading and interpretation, extended definitions, Process description
1. Exercises on word formation using the prefix ‘self’ – Gap filling with preposition.
2. Exercises – Using sequence words.
3. Reading comprehension exercise with questions based on inference – Reading headings
4. and predicting the content – Reading advertisements and interpretation.
5. Writing extended definitions – Writing descriptions of processes – Writing paragraphs based on discussions – Writing paragraphs describing the future.
Phrases / Structures indicating use / purpose – Adverbs-Skimming – Non-verbal communication- Listening – correlating verbal and non-verbal communication -Speaking in group discussions – Formal Letter writing – Writing analytical paragraphs.
1. Reading comprehension exercises with questions on overall content – Discussions
analyzing stylistic features (creative and factual description) – Reading comprehension
exercises with texts including graphic communication – Exercises in interpreting nonverbal communication.
2. Listening comprehension exercises to categories data in tables.
3. Writing formal letters, quotations, clarification, complaint – Letter seeking permission for Industrial visits– Writing analytical paragraphs on different debatable issues.
Cause and effect expressions – Different grammatical forms of the same word – Speaking –stress and intonation, Group Discussions – Reading – Critical reading – Listening, – Writing –using connectives, report writing – types, structure, data collection, content, form, recommendations .
Exercises combining sentences using cause and effect expressions – Gap filling exercises using the appropriate tense forms – Making sentences using different grammatical forms of the same word. ( Eg: object –verb / object – noun )
1. Speaking exercises involving the use of stress and intonation – Group discussions–
analysis of problems and offering solutions.
2. Reading comprehension exercises with critical questions, Multiple choice question.
3. Sequencing of jumbled sentences using connectives – Writing different types of reports like industrial accident report and survey report – Writing recommendations.
Numerical adjectives – Oral instructions – Descriptive writing – Argumentative paragraphs –Letter of application – content, format (CV / Bio-data) – Instructions, imperative forms -Checklists, Yes/No question form – E-mail communication.
1. Rewriting exercises using numerical adjectives.
2. Reading comprehension exercises with analytical questions on content – Evaluation of content.
3. Listening comprehension – entering information in tabular form, intensive listening
exercise and completing the steps of a process.
4. Speaking – Role play – group discussions – Activities giving oral instructions.
5. Writing descriptions, expanding hints – Writing argumentative paragraphs – Writing formal letters – Writing letter of application with CV/Bio-data – Writing general and safety instructions – Preparing checklists – Writing e-mail messages.
Speaking – Discussion of Problems and solutions – Creative and critical thinking – Writing an essay, Writing a proposal.
1. Case Studies on problems and solutions
2. Brain storming and discussion
3. Writing Critical essays
4. Writing short proposals of 2 pages for starting a project, solving problems, etc.
5. Writing advertisements.
1. Chapters 5 – 8. Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, Anna University, ‘English for Engineers and Technologists’ Combined Edition (Volumes 1 & 2), Chennai: Orient Longman Pvt. Ltd., 2006. Themes 5 – 8 (Technology, Communication, Environment, Industry)
1. P. K. Dutt, G. Rajeevan and C.L.N Prakash, ‘A Course in Communication Skills’,
Cambridge University Press, India 2007.
2. Krishna Mohan and Meera Banerjee, ‘Developing Communication Skills’, Macmillan India Ltd., (Reprinted 1994 – 2007).
3. Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe, ‘Objective English’, Second Edition, Pearson Education, 2007. Extensive Reading:
1. Robin Sharma, ‘The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari’, Jaico Publishing House, 2007
The book listed under Extensive Reading is meant for inculcating the reading habit of the students. They need not be used for testing purposes.
Anna University Technical English II notes for engineering Branches download.Anna University Technical English II Notes – HS2161 Technical English 2 Notes download. if you have any problem in downloading the material or if you want any more study materials for HS2161 kindly comment below.